Jennies volleyball sweeps second MIAA match

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — The Central Missouri Jennies won their second MIAA match of the season, improving their record to 11-0, 2-0 in the MIAA. Central Missouri did not lose a set finishing the match with the 25-16, 25-22, 25-16 win over the Bearcats (7-3, 0-1 MIAA), according to a press release.
Central Missouri started the match strong with five of the Jennies first seven points coming from kills by Taylor Goodness and Haley Thompson to make the score 7-2. The Bearcats put up a strong fight preventing the Jennies from scoring more than two points in a row, but they were never able to come within four points of Central Missouri. The Jennies won an important four points in a row at 18-14, with kills from Becca Blaise, Carly Sojka, and Goodness to bring the score to 23-14. Two kills from Juia Bates won the Jennies the final two points of the match. Goodness and Blaise finished the first set with five kills each.
Central Missouri started the second set with a four point lead that they were able to maintain until the Bearcats won eight of eleven points at 19-12, to come withing a point of catching the Jennies. A kill from Goodness and two from Thompson brought the Jennies to match point, but a service error from Southwest Baptist finished the set, at 22-25. Thompson finished the second set with four kills, Sojka, Goodness, and Blaise all finished with three.
In the final set of the night the Jennies took at 6-0 lead before the Bearcats scored a point. Central Missouri won the first eight of ten points, with five kills from Taylor Goodness. Southwest Baptist was able to hold Central Missouri at 11 points, bringing the score to 11-8. Central Missouri went on to win the next eleven of thirteen points, to make the score 22-10, before allowing Southwest Baptist to score five more points in a row. The Jennies rolled in their last two points of the match with a kill from Skylar German and Lauren Dudgeon.
Bates ended the night with 42 assists, seven kills, and a serving ace. Goodness had 14 kills, reaching double digits for the eighth time this season. Thompson had the highest hitting percentage of the night at .526 with 10 kills.
The Jennies travel to St. Charles, Mo. today to take on Lindenwood, in their first conference road game of the season. The match will begin at 3 p.m.