Jens volleyball dominates Missouri Southern

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The Central Missouri Jennies improve to 10-0, 1-0 in the MIAA, with a 3-0 win over Missouri Southern on Tuesday night at the UCM Multipurpose Building, according to a press release. The match took just 65 minutes, as the Jennies rolled to the 25-9, 25-10, 25-16 win.
The Jennies had an explosive first set, holding the Lions (3-5, 0-1 MIAA) to under 10 points, it’s the first time UCM has held an opponent to under 10 points in a set since Sept. 28, 2012. Maddie Jones and Haley Thompson both had three kills in the first set, Thompson also adding two block assists with Becca Blaise. The Jennies had their longest point streak of the set, earning five points in a row at 10-3, Courtney Cornell with two aces in a row, to make the score 14-3. Central Missouri went on to win the next 11 of 17 pointsJulia Bates finished the match with a serving ace of her own, her 19th of the season.
In the second set, after a serving error from Missouri Southern, the Jennies won seven more points in a row. Thompson and Goodness each had two kills, and Annie Reillyhad three serving aces, to bring the score to 8-0. The Lions lost 10 points in the set, as a result of attack, service, and ball handling errors. Central Missouri again held the Lions to under 10 points, Reilly finishing the second set with four total serving aces, and Thompson with another four kills in the set.
Central Missouri began the third set with two kills from Lauren Dudgeon and Reilly’s sixth serving ace of the match. Missouri Southern went on a run at the end of the set, but Central Missouri finished off the match with a 25-16 set three win.
Thompson tallied four blocks, and team high 10 kills, she hit .571.
The Jennies will play another MIAA match this Friday in Warrensburg against Southwest Baptist at 7:00 p.m., before heading to St. Charles for their first MIAA road match against Lindenwood at 3:00 p.m.