WMMC Board of Trustees names new president and CEO

Susan Stiles
Photo by XXKENNYJ
Susan Stiles

(Warrensburg, Mo.) – Western Missouri Medical Center has a new president and CEO.

Susan Stiles
Susan Stiles

The Board of Trustees voted June 26 to hire Susan M. Stiles, RN, BSN, MHA, MBA, as the hospital’s new leader. Stiles was one of three candidates selected for a final round interview from a pool of nearly 100 applicants.
“Susan stepped into the role of interim president/CEO seamlessly by demonstrating outstanding leadership and excellent vision, all while earning the confidence of our board, medical staff, management team and employees,” Steve Higgins, chair of the Board of Trustees, said in a news release. “Her vast experience and proven accomplishments will advance WMMC into a new realm of strategic growth that will enable us to remain viable for the patients who count on us.”
Stiles has more than 25 years of experience leading and transitioning health care organizations, according to a news release. She joined WMMC as the vice president of Patient Care Services and chief nursing officer in November 2011.
She was named interim president and CEO by the Board of Trustees in February. Prior to joining WMMC, Stiles served as senior clinical strategist at Cerner Corporation in Kansas City, Mo.; chief nursing officer at Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, Mo.; and chief nursing officer at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan.
Stiles earned her Bachelor of Science in nursing at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Mo., and her Master’s in Health Care Administration and Master’s in Business Administration from Webster University in Kansas City, Mo.