Mules gain, Jennies slip in latest rankings

(NEW ORLEANS, La.) – The Central Missouri Mules track & field team held steady in the latest version of the USTFCCCA Division II Computer Rankings, coming in at No. 15 after some strong performances at last weekend’s appearance at the Emporia State Sam Williams Qualifier. The Mules have climbed steadily through the polls after debuting at No. 24 to start the outdoor season, and have reached their highest rank in the poll to date. The Jennies suffered their largest fall through the rankings, sliding nine spots down to No. 23.
The Mules picked up points from a pair of season-high marks from junior Kelvin Frank in the high jump (6′ 8.25″, 2.04m) and freshman Chris Swearingin in the javelin (209′, 63.70m). Swearingin earned a spot in the field at the upcoming NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships with his school-record breaking performance in Emporia. The Jennies’ freshman heptathlete Victoria Jackson was the lone athlete to pick up points in the rankings for her team, with a 4,869-point performance in the heptathlon at the Oklahoma Baptist Last Chance meet.
Both men’s and women’s polls see new squads take the No. 1 spot, as Adams State (Colo.) earned the top ranking in the men’s poll, while Grand Canyon (Ariz.) overtook MIAA champions Lincoln on the women’s side. The MIAA is the second-highest ranked conference in both polls, with a combined total of nine teams in the rankings.