UCM to host a summer camp for young entrepreneurs

The Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies and the Small Business and Technology Development Center at the University of Central Missouri will host the Entrepreneur or Bust Business Camp for young entrepreneurs on the UCM campus during summer 2013.
The Entrepreneur or Bust Business Camp is a week-long course for middle and high school students that covers the fundamentals of starting a business from the ground up. Those attending will learn what is needed, how to make best use of what they have, who can help them and what profits can be made by turning their ideas into reality.
Real-world entrepreneurs, business coaches, attorneys and business teachers will lead students throughout the week. Among those who will be working with students as entrepreneur coaches are Seth Meinzen, of Evisthrive; Steve Flick, of Flick Seed Co.; Mike King, of OxiArmor Inc.; Bill Regan, of Summit Pointe Financial Group; and Carol Gregg, of Flexible Staffing. Guest speakers for the event will include Denny Hoskins, of Taylor, Hoskins and Shaw CPAs; attorney Denise Mashburn; and Marshall Abney, of First Central Bank.
Two session are planned for June 9-14 and June 23-28. Each session must have a minimum of 18 students registered to proceed. Cost is $375 per person, which includes housing and meals in a UCM residence hall, use of UCM recreational facilities and the materials needed for the course.
For more information about the Entrepreneur or Bust Business camp contact Sheldon Smith at [email protected].