UCM Athletics to host 2003 Mules Baseball Reunion

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Central Missouri’s 2003 Baseball National Championship, Central Missouri Athletics will host a 2003 Mules Baseball Reunion in conjunction with UCM’s home baseball series against Emporia State on Saturday, April 27.
All members of the 2003 National Championship team are invited back for the weekend’s activities, which include a pre-game lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday in the parking lot of Campus Evolution Villages, located just west of Crane Stadium/Tompkins Field.
Team members will be recognized in a pregame on-field ceremony before the Mules take on Emporia State at 1 p.m. in the first game of an MIAA doubleheader. Following the game, a reception for 2003 team members and their families will take place at 7 p.m. in Traditions Restaurant at the Audrey J. Walton Clubhouse at Keth Memorial Golf Course.
Blocks of hotel rooms are being held under “Mules Baseball Reunion” at Comfort Inn with a rate of $77 plus tax at 660-429-4848 or at the Holiday Inn Express with a rate of $80 plus tax at 660-747-3000. Make your reservations early as unreserved rooms will be released prior to the event.
All events are free for members of the 2003 team and their guests. RSVP by April 22 to Rhonda Crews at [email protected] or call 660-543-4250.
The 2003 Mules won Central Missouri’s second national championship in baseball, joining the 1994 Mules squad. The 2003 Mules went 51-7 overall, won the MIAA regular season and tournament titles, hosted and won the NCAA-II Central Regional and went 4-0 at the NCAA Division II National Championships in Montgomery, Ala. The Mules defeated Tampa 11-4 in the national championship game.