Street tree inventory kicks off with public meeting

The Warrensburg Tree Board will host a public information meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 19, to provide information about the upcoming second phase of the inventory of street trees in the city.
The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. and will be at the Municipal Center, 200 S. Holden St. in Warrensburg.
For the second year, the Missouri Department of Conservation has awarded the City of Warrensburg a Tree Resource Improvement and Maintenance (TRIM) grant. The grant covers the second phase of a city-wide tree inventory, which will begin Feb. 20 and include all of the streets in Warrensburg not covered in last year’s inventory.
Representatives from Davey Resource Group, the contractor hired to complete this second phase of the inventory, will be at the meeting to provide an overview of the work to be done and to answer questions from citizens. Tree Board members will also be at the meeting and will provide information from the Missouri Department of Conservation about proper selection, planting, pruning and mulching of trees, as well as information about the free “Tree Selection and Planting” workshop to be held on May 16 at the Warrensburg Community Center.
For more information, contact Tree Board Chair Suzy Latare at 660-864-1387 or [email protected].  For more information about the Tree Board, visit www.warrensburg-mo.com and search for “tree board.”