StartUp Center and Johnson County United Way host workshop

The StartUp Center at the University of Central Missouri has joined the Johnson County United Way in presenting the Artful Askers Workshop, “Building Relationships with Funders, Resources and Donors.”
The workshop is planned for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the UCM StartUp Center, 117 E. Hunt St. in Warrensburg.
The trainer, Bob Vickers, will provide technical assistance for capacity building, fund development and nonprofit sustainability. The workshop will cover the psychology of giving, getting ready to receive, sharing a vision in writing, and determining the right time to ask the right people for the right things.
Participants will learn about the value of tracking and utilizing volunteer hours, access to free items, the power of a thank you note, and following up, whether rejected or approved, in building relationships with supporters and donors.
Bob Vickers is nationally known for his relationship building, grant writing and fund development skills. He is the author of more than 45 books and training manuals and has worked with nonprofits, churches and community organizations to find financial support through grants and corporations..
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the morning session running from 9 a.m. to noon. Lunch will be provided, with the afternoon session running from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Pre-registration is required at BobVickers.UPCsites.com, as seating is limited. A registration fee of $49 covers print materials, a CD of templates, sample proposals and resumes, drinks, snacks and lunch.