WMMC Auxiliary to host ice cream social Aug. 6

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The Western Missouri Medical Center Auxiliary’s primary fundraiser, an annual ice cream social, is scheduled for Aug. 6.
The event is set for 2-4 p.m. in the WMMC Courtyard Café just inside the main entrance. Attendees may enjoy ice cream, a homemade dessert and a beverage for $4 or purchase tickets at the door for $5.
The proceeds will help the Cancer Center provide a “last chemo” celebration for cancer patients, according to a news release.
“Chemotherapy can be difficult for patients and their families. We see patients come in for treatment weekly, some with treatments lasting for months, and our staff develops a relationship with each of them,” said Darinda Reberry, WMMC president and CEO. “Celebrating the momentous milestone of their last treatment is a tradition that our staff is honored to participate in. It is our chance to let patients know just how proud and excited we are for them.”
The remaining funds will help improve equipment for Rehabilitation Services offered at WMMC. The hospital has expanded the number of treatment rooms to assist with the children seen in rehabilitation, requiring the need for additional specialized chairs to meet the growing demand. In addition, more equipment will be purchased to help all ages with general strengthening, sports medicine, and post-operative needs.
Last year, the WMMC Auxiliary saw near record-breaking numbers at the ice cream social, raising more than $3,000.
For tickets, visit the Wishing Well Gift Shop inside the hospital, or contact Teresa Collins, volunteer services coordinator, at 660-262-7466 or [email protected]. Attendees may also purchase tickets at the door on Sunday, Aug. 6, for $5.