Slideshow: KC Retriever Club field trial

Labrador retriever Scout, owned by John Goossen, returns a duck during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.

PHOTOS BY CLIFF ADAMS/digitalBURG Steve Kelly, of Blackwater Retrievers, removes ducks from a rack during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.
PHOTOS BY CLIFF ADAMS/digitalBURG
Steve Kelley, of Blackwater Retrievers in Centerview, Missouri, removes ducks from a rack during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.

Amateur handler Vern Hasenbank and his Labrador retriever, Dominator Dealer, approach the line for a run during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.
Amateur handler Vern Hasenbank, of Vermillion, South Dakota, and his Labrador retriever, Dominator Dealer, approach the line for a run during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri.

Labrador retriever Scout, owned by John Goossen, of Cedar Falls, Iowa, returns a duck during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri.

Trainer Chris Brinegar and Labrador retriever Zap, owned by Mike Olson of Cold Tree Kennels, look toward a judge following a successful run during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.
Trainer Clint Mann, of Cold Tree Kennels in Philadelphia, Missouri, and Labrador retriever Zap, owned by Mike Olson of Cold Tree Kennels, look toward a judge following a successful run during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri.

Labrador retriever Ranger stops to relieve himself while returning a duck during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri. The three-day event consisted of Labrador, golden, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers competing to qualify for runs in amateur, open and derby.
Labrador retriever Ranger, owned by Steve and Michelle Kelley, stops to relieve himself while returning a duck during the Kansas City Retriever Club’s field trial Saturday in Sedalia, Missouri.

Editor’s note: This version of the story corrects the last name spelling for Steve and Michelle Kelley, and the identification of Clint Mann of Cold Tree Kennels in Philadelphia, Missouri.