WMMC donates mammograms in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

(Warrensburg, Mo.) – Five mammograms were recently donated to benefit clients at the Survival Adult Abuse Center in honor of October’s observance as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Western Missouri Medical Center and Professional Diagnostic Solutions donated the mammograms to the Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber will distribute the certificates to the Survival Adult Abuse Center and UCM’s “Project Homeless Connect” event on Oct. 19.
“Our Mission is to improve the health of our greater community and we wanted to ensure women, who may not have the funds for this important screening, are able to receive a mammogram,” said John F. Smolen, WMMC president and CEO.
Mary Castro, member of the Chamber’s board of directors, and Tammy Long, Chamber president, accepted the donation.
“We are excited to be able to offer these much-needed screenings to the women in our community who need it most,” Long said. “We are grateful for WMMC’s generosity to our community.”
WMMC’s Diagnostic Imaging Department is equipped with a state-of-the-art digital mammography unit that includes computer-aided detection. The unit offers patients the latest innovation in breast imaging, which creates digital images that are viewed on high-resolution monitors that can be enhanced and magnified.
To schedule a mammogram, call WMMC scheduling at 660-262-7370. For more information, call 660-747-2500 or visit WMMC.com.

[email_link]