Mules Golf captures Washburn Invitational crown

(TOPEKA, Kan.) — All five Central Missouri golfers finished in the top 10 individually and the Mules cruised to a 36-shot win at the Washburn Invitational at Topeka Country Club.
With the win, UCM moves into a first-place tie with Central Oklahoma in the conference points standings with only the MIAA Tournament Championship left next week.
Teddy Jones shot a two-over par 73 in the final round and finished as runner-up at two-under par 211. Sam Migdal and Alex Springer were three shots back at one-over par and tied for 4th. Migdal shot a one-under 70 in the final round, while Springer shot a one-over 72.
Travis Mays and Cy Moritz both shot three-over par 216 and finished tied for 7th. Mays was one-under on the day Tuesday, while Moritz was one-over. Playing as individuals, Travis Simmons and Robby Hughey finished tied for 27th and 42nd, respectively. Simmons shot a 77 in the final round to finish at 15-over, 228, while Hughes shot a 74 and was 20-over par at 233.
Zach Tucker of Northeastern State shot a final round 72 and finished at four-under par, 209, to claim individual medalist honors.
The Mules head to the MIAA Championships next week with regular season and tournament titles on the line. The Mules have won five of the last six MIAA regular season crowns and four of the last five tournament championships. The tournament gets underway on Monday, April 20, and runs through Wednesday, April 22, at Alvamar Country Club in Lawrence, Kansas.