Warner Named USTFCCCA Division II Athlete of the Week

(NEW ORLEANS) – After her record-breaking performance this past weekend at the UCM Invitational, UCM track and field athlete Heavin Warner has been named the USTFCCCA (United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association) Athlete of the Week.
Warner broke both the school and the Multipurpose Building record in the weight throw, setting a personal-best in the process with a throw of 20.83m (68′ 4.25″). The winning mark also automatically qualified her for Division II national meet, and is currently tops in the MIAA and second-best in the nation.
Warner’s evening wasn’t finished with the weight throw. She also provisionally qualified for nationals in the shot put, picking up her second win of the meet in the process. Warner’s throw of 14.18m (46′ 6.25″) is also a personal-record and the second-best in UCM history. Her mark in the shot put also currently leads the conference and is ninth-best in the nation.
The junior from St. Joseph, Mo. is no stranger to the national meet. She is the reigning national champion in the outdoor hammer throw and is three-time NCAA All-American.
Warner will take aim at more records this weekend, as UCM hosts their second straight home meet, the Mule Relays. The meet is split up into two days with the women competing Friday, Jan. 30 and the men hitting the track Saturday, Jan. 31.