'The Wedding Singer' opens Oct. 8 at UCM

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — “The Wedding Singer” is coming to the University of Central Missouri.
The musical comedy by Chad Beguelin and Tim Herlihy and music by Matthew Sklar, is scheduled to run at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8-11 and at 2 p.m. Oct. 12 in the Highlander Theatre. Admission is $15 for the general public, $12 for UCM faculty, staff, senior citizens and military and $7 for students. Children under the age of 5 years old will not be admitted.
“The Wedding Singer” is an upbeat musical comedy starring Robbie Hart, a wedding singer living with his Grandma Rosie. He is looking for his big break to fame when he suddenly finds himself in a surprise love triangle with his hot-tempered, spunky fiancée Linda, and happy-go-lucky waitress, Julia. Only problem is, Linda wants to be married to a real rock star and Julia thinks she is in love with Glen, her jerk of a boyfriend. This musical is filled with romance, heartbreak, rock ‘n roll and laughs.
The cast and crew includes: Arthur Clifford as Robbie Hart, Brooke Myers as Julia Sullivan, Daniel Parman as Sammy, Kelsey Reinsfelder as Holly, Connor Bush as George, Kaelyn Whitt as Rosie, Zachary Craft as Glen Guglia, Nellie Maple as Linda, and Jessica Baxter as Angie. The ensemble includes: Ashley Coffer, Michael Hutton, Sam Rudy, Dashawn Young, Nina Lopez, Isamo Manuel, Jr., Lindy Elliott, Connor Bosworth, Bobbi Gums, Zack Hutchins, Victoria White, and Dane Schnake.
Tickets will be available in the box office, located in Wood 128, which will be open from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on weekdays beginning Wednesday, Oct. 1, for season subscribers and Thursday, Oct. 2, for the general public. Tickets may be reserved by calling the box office at 660-543-8811 or purchased online at www.ucmo.edu/theatre.
For more information, visit www.ucmo.edu/theatre or call the theatre office at 660-543-4020.