Several more states to offer duck stamps online

(NEW ORLEANS, AP) — Louisiana and four other states will soon be selling federal duck stamps online, joining eight other states that already do.

“Anyone, regardless of what state you live in, may purchase an E-Stamp online through any of the states,” according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website.
Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia also were recently chosen for the federal E-Stamp option, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries said in a news release Thursday.
Louisiana’s online sales will begin Aug. 1.
The federal department’s website links to state sites in Arkansas, Florida, Maryland, Texas, Colorado, Idaho, Minnesota and Wisconsin for online duck stamp sales.
“It is important that you have a printer so you will be able to print the electronic stamp,” the federal website notes.
Hunters who buy the stamp online get a confirmation number that they can use for 45 days. Within that time, the government will mail a stamp certified by the U.S. Postal Service. After 45 days, the hunter must carry the actual stamp while hunting.
Hunters will also be able to buy a temporary federal E-Stamp from any retail vendor selling Louisiana hunting licenses, the Louisiana department said.
“If you experience problems during your purchase of the online stamp or with the receipt of your duck stamp, please contact the state from which you made the purchase, since that information will be in their system,” according to the federal website. “Do not contact the Federal Duck Stamp Office.”
___
Online:
http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/stamps.htm
Louisiana: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/hunting-licenses