Entries accepted for State Fair Idol

(SEDALIA, Mo.) – Missouri State Fair officials recently announced the Budweiser Stage lineup, which includes new bands and the Missouri State Fair Idol competition.
“A wide variety of music artists are scheduled to perform again this year on the Budweiser Stage,” said Missouri State Fair Director Mark Wolfe. “Free, live music is an important part of the State Fair’s commitment to affordable fun for everyone. The Idol contest is also returning for the ninth consecutive year, and continues to be a popular contest.”
New to the Budweiser Stage this year will be up-and-coming artist JT Hodges. He has toured with artists such as Eric Church, Eli Young Band, Toby Keith and Miranda Lambert. He is most known for his hit “Sleepy Little Town,” which spent two weeks at No. 1 on Sirius/XM Radio’s The Highway. In 2012, he was nominated as a semi-finalist for the 47th annual Academy of Country Music Awards New Artist of the Year. Hodges will be performing at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 15 on the Budweiser Stage.
Other artists that will be featured at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage include Natalee Stovall, Marty Brown, Shelly Bush, Dean Alexander, Clare Dunn and Erik Dylan. Artists performing at 9 p.m. will include the Nace Brothers, Rivertown, Deep Fried Squirrel, CrossTown, Dirt Road Addiction and Full Moon Band.
The 11-day Missouri State Fair Idol competition, sponsored by Oroweat, Sara Lee, Thomas and Nature’s Harvest, will take place at 4 p.m. Aug. 7-16 on the Budweiser Stage, with finals at 2 p.m. Aug. 17. The first-place winner will receive $500 cash and a trophy provided by M&M Engraving of Sedalia. The second-place winner will receive $250 cash. All contestants will receive a participation gift.
The first-place-prize package will also include an opportunity to perform one song prior to the opening day concert in 2015. The winner of last year’s Idol competition, Patrick Wilson, will perform before the Scotty McCreery and Kelsey K concert Aug. 7 on the Pepsi Grandstand Stage.
Applications to participate in this year’s Idol contest are being accepted through July 25. To qualify, applicants must be 15 or older and send entry forms and an audition video to the Missouri State Fair. Entry forms and rules are available at the Missouri State Fair website.
The 112th Missouri State Fair is scheduled for Aug. 7-17 in Sedalia. For more information about this year’s entertainment, visit www.mostatefair.com, follow the Fair on Facebook and Twitter, or call 1-800-422-3247.