Senior housing coming to Hawthorne development

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – A new senior housing complex is set to open in 2015 in the Hawthorne development on the north side of town.
Ken Hamilton, owner of Hamilton Corporation, is co-developer of Hawthorne Senior Housing along with the Missouri Valley Community Action Agency. Hawthorne Senior Housing will be located at the northwest corner of Hawthorne Boulevard and Basswood Street, just north of the Carmike Cinema in Hawthorne Plaza.
“The city is excited to have the Missouri Housing Development Commission fund another senior housing project in Warrensburg,” said City Manager Paula Hertwig Hopkins in a news release. “Mr. Hamilton has a proven track record of building a quality housing product in Warrensburg and we welcome him back.”
The senior housing complex includes 36 units, each with two bedrooms, a washer and dryer, and a rear patio. There is also a community building with a gathering room and kitchen.
The complex is similar to the nearby Warrensburg Senior Housing complex, which has a waiting list of around 60 people. As part of the Missouri Housing Development Commission’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, 30 of the Hawthorne Senior Housing units will be income-qualified. The other six units will be market-rate units and available to any senior citizen, according to the news release.
“The building plans are done and under review with the state and the city,” Hamilton said in the release. “We look forward to starting construction in July and, depending on weather, hope to open in spring 2015.”
People interested in signing up for the units can contact Mary Ann at Warrensburg Senior Housing at 660-429-6100.