Booster Club offers scholarships for WHS student athletes

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.)The Warrensburg Booster Club recently announced it will offer a $500 scholarship to one graduating male and one female Warrensburg High School student athlete this spring.
The WBC scholarships will be awarded to the recipients at Meet the Tigers night in March. Completed applications are due to Rita King in the WHS counselors’ office by 3 p.m. Monday, March 3.
Scholarship applications are available in the WHS counselors’ office and at Pack N Mail at 540 E. Young St. To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must complete the application, compete in a college or university level sport next year, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, participate in a high school sport during their senior year, demonstrate good citizenship/community service, submit one letter of recommendation from a coach or teacher describing how the student is deserving of the scholarship, and submit a one page essay about describing a particular experience the applicant had in athletics and the lesson learned.
“We have many well-deserving student athletes at WHS and we hope that these scholarships will provide some financial assistance as they prepare to go to college,” WBC President Adam Horn said. “These scholarships would not be possible without the excellent fundraising efforts of our parents and students who sell concessions, Tiger apparel and media guide ads.”
For more information or to obtain a scholarship application, see King in the WHS counselors’ office or see Steve Long at Pack N Mail.