Local artist to showcase work on local historic doors

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – On the first Friday of every month, businesses in Downtown Warrensburg open their doors to the artistic community. The First Friday Art Walk has become a must-attend event for anyone living in the Warrensburg area. The art walk has provided local artists the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in a fun, exciting environment.
The next art walk will take place on Friday Oct. 4, 2013 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, according to a press release. During October’s event, local artist Janet Bonsall will be on hand to unveil the poster of her photographs titled “Historic Doors of Warrensburg.” The poster will showcase historic local doors from homes and buildings in Warrensburg. These doors allow us to glimpse into the past, showing how the community has preserved the past for us to enjoy. The unveiling will commence at 6:00pm at Rudy’s Frame Shop located at 122 West Pine Street in downtown Warrensburg. Posters created by Bonsall will be on sale for 15 dollars, with the artist available to answer questions and sign her work.
Janet Bonsall has been working in the arts for most of her life. She has traveled the world, honing her craft. From the Netherlands to Italy, Bonsall has taught young minds the way of the arts while expanding her own artistic prowess. Bonsall is currently a photography professor at the University of Central Missouri where she has taught for over 30 years. She is also the owner and operator of Janet Bonsall Photography in Warrensburg, Mo.
Visit Rudy’s Frame Shop during October’s First Friday’s Art Walk to support your local artists. All proceeds from the sale of “Historic Doors of Warrensburg” posters go to Warrensburg Main Street, Inc. The money raised will be put back into the community and used to support downtown businesses with façade grants, beautification projects and Warrensburg Main Streets Day of Caring.   Warrensburg Main Street has a strong emphasize on historic preservation and this is just another way to bring this passion to the community.
Come to downtown and pick up your Art Walk Passport at Old Drum Gallery & Trading Company located at 128 North Holden where Witches in the Window will be featured. Henrietta the Fortune Teller will be reading paws for a good cause for the CARR no kill shelter. The evening will also feature a Polka band performing on the streets of downtown. Bring your entire family for a night full of art and fall fun in downtown Warrensburg.