Donations of Coats, Blankets Sought for Project Community Connect 2013

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The 2013 Project Community Connect team is seeking donations of gently used or new coats and blankets to be distributed during the event planned for Friday, Oct. 18, according to a press release.
Drop-off sites around the community include:

• Johnson County United Way, 123 E. Gay St., Suite E-2
  • Salvation Army Social Services, 123 N. Holden (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
  • Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center, 100 S. Holden
  • Varsity Barbers, 203 W. Young
  • Bombshell’s Consignment Store, 1125 N. Simpson Dr.
  • Warrensburg Community Center, 445 E. Gay St.
  • Local churches, including First Christian Church, 101 E. Gay; Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 212 N. Main; and First United Methodist Church, 141 E. Gay.

Donations of diapers, wipes, toilet paper, and other products also are welcomed.
During the 2012 event, 643 blankets and 397 coats were distributed.
Project Community Connect 2013 in Warrensburg and Johnson County will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, in the University of Central Missouri Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
This is the second year for the event, which was known last year as Project Homeless Connect. The one-day, one-stop shop event is designed to deliver real services to people throughout Johnson County who are struggling to make the connections required for day-to-day life. This includes the homeless, as well as those with limited resources.
Project Community Connect 2013 will unite service agencies, civic groups and businesses to provide a variety of services. Organizers hope to be able to provide birth certificates, mental and chemical health care screening, employment training and placement, medical and dental examinations, haircuts, photo ID assistance, housing assistance, free clothing, free lunch and more.
A large number of participating agencies, volunteers and donors will be needed to match and exceed the success of last year’s event. To learn more about Project Community Connect and how you can become involved, visit ProjectCommunityConnect.org.